Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Driver Quotes - Spanish Grand Prix 2011

Sebastian Vettel (1st)
- McLaren were very strong, Lewis in particular,The last few laps I felt like China, with my tyres falling away. He [Hamilton] was always getting in the DRS zone but in the last few laps I got a good run in the last sector to make it stick

Lewis Hamilton (2nd)
- I wasn't expecting to be so quick today, as the race went on we had some serious pace, but he [Vettel] was massively quick in the high speed corners



Jenson Button (3rd)
- We never planned to do anything but a three-stop strategy as I thought doing two stints on a prime tyres was no good. It would have been interesting to see what would happened if I didn't have a bad first lap, but all in all it was a good day and good to get a podium

Mark Webber (4th)
- I don't think my start was hideous, but Fernando got a phenomenal one. Obviously from then on it wasn’t the start we had planned and it was a bit of a chess game. People were covering each other’s pit stops and I really didn't do much racing on track. At the end of the race I finished 40 seconds behind Lewis and Seb. It was an interesting day today and shows how fine the margins are; we were frustrated by Fernando who seemed to pit every time I did! At certain stages I was quick and at others I wasn’t - that’s the way it was today.

Fernando Alonso(5th)
- It looks a little bit sad when you start losing positions but we need to understand that P1 was maybe not our position at that moment, We were not competitive, especially in the race pace, we were too slow - with the hard tyre even more

Michael Schumacher (6th)
- I had a good start; going right through the middle was tight but fortunately it worked out. Then the race was about holding position from there. We can be happy with the result but other than that, it was just tricky with oversteer, tyre degradation and poor balance to deal with

Nico Rosberg (7th)
- It was a difficult race for me after I lost radio communication with the team early on which was tough, and my DRS was not working properly which made any overtaking almost impossible. I had fun in the battle with Michael for P6, although I wasn't able to attack him fully and was therefore stuck behind him for most of the race

Nick Heidfeld (8th)
- I’m satisfied with eighth after starting from last position. Just like in Turkey, with one or two laps more I could have gained one or two more positions from the two Mercedes, but it’s still a good result if you look at where I started and everything that happened to the car over this weekend

Sergio Perez (9th)
- It was a tough race today and a hard fight for points. I’m really happy we made it. My first points in Formula One are obviously something special for me, and it is good for the team that Kamui also scored.

Kamui Kobayashi (10th)
- I lost a lot of time on lap one today. After the start I was pushed into the gravel and then another car touched me, which resulted in a left rear puncture. I had to pit and was relegated to last, which of course cost us a very good set of the soft tyres.

Courtsey : Google Images, TV Grabs, BBC

No comments:

Post a Comment