Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spanish Grand Prix - Qualifying - Drivers Quotes










- Webber : It was a good session. We thought he had an advantage and that we would probably battle for pole, not to underestimate the other guys. I was obviously praying my number went to number one on the gantry when I crossed the line and it did. Today was my day


- Vettel : It's not right to say Mark is on pole because I didn't have Kers,Mark did a better job today. I'm not concerned, we are working hard on the Kers, and I think we will be on top of it in the race


- Button : "I'm three hundredths [of a second] off third, and the positive thing is I'm starting from the clean side of the grid. It's difficult to predict what will happen, but tyre-wise in particular I think we're in pretty good shape


- Hamilton : I'm pushing like crazy, as you can tell. I made some changes going into qualifying, and it was the wrong choice. It's good to be in P3, but it was massively close to the guys behind, and nowhere near as fast as the guys in front


- Alonso : I did a perfect lap. I reckon that if I tried to repeat it 20 times I could not do better. When you do a lap like that it's hard to put into words what one feels: always being on the limit in every corner is a special feeling


- Schumi : We had a problem with Kers and we couldn't go out for another qualifying lap so we preferred to save the tyres for tomorrow


- Hekki : We wanted to go for the qualifying time and maximise our performance. Everybody on the pit wall agreed, and I think it was the right choice


- Nick Heidfeld: I still hope for a good race and with fresh tyres you can still move forward and fight


- Rubens : We had a gearbox problem. The car was not doing very well when I was running and when I came back they said I couldn't go out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment